San Gabriel Academy offers students the opportunity to learn about Christ and obtain a quality education which they can take with them for the rest of their lives. The Schoolwide Learner Outcomes upholds these principles. Our hope is that students will be able to apply these SLOs to their lives and live as examples to others.
The love of God compels us to serve others -- love God and love your neighbor as yourself.
- Know that true service is a result of obeying the law of self-sacrificing love
- Understand the example of Christ's life in serving others through humble or elevated labor
- Believe that education better equips one to serve
- See the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church as a mission of love and redemption
- Recognize that service as a global citizen requires obeying the law, promoting peace, and alleviating suffering in the world
Grow In Christ
True faith is progressive. Through searching the scriptures and following its truths, we grow solid in our faith and move forward toward God's ideal.
- Know Jesus as a personal Savior and Friend
- Understand that growing in Christ is a continual process
- Recognize that the Holy Spirit's guidance in regular prayer and Bible study is the basis of our relationship with Jesus
- Demonstrate an understanding of God's forgiveness and is eager to extend this grace to others
- Seek to help others come to know Christ and grow in Him
- Enjoy having a relationship with Christ today and looks forward to being with Him for eternity
Aspire to Excellence
In scholarship, in physical development, in creating beauty through music and art, and in all else, strive to be excellent, for in doing so, we honor God.
- Make use of critical thinking skills to gather, analyze, and interpret information
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and values teamwork
- Know how to access and use resources in order to solve problems
- Express creativity in thought and is able to convey such ideas through art, literature, music, and other media
- Value the body as the temple of the Holy Spirit and makes good decisions regarding nutrition, physical fitness, and personal well-being